Expand Your Reality: Hands-on Intro to VR for Soft Skills Trainers
Time & Location
About the Event
This 1-day workshop in Seattle, WA is a must attend event for Training Facilitators, Coaches, and other L&D professionals exploring the use of Virtual Reality for training soft skills such as inclusive leadership, building effective teams, interpersonal skills and developing empathy. Your facilitators Dean Slawson and Brandon Franklin have years of deep experience in VR technology, applying advanced technologies for learning, and people leadership and development, and will answer your questions and provide hands on experience with these advanced tools. VR enables learning experiences unmatched in realism and immersiveness while affording unique opportunities for performance assessment and feedback unavailable through other means. VR can help organizations transform their work cultures toward greater interpersonal awareness, empathy, inclusion and teamwork, fostering a safe, respectful and more innovative and productive work environment. You will walk away with hands on experience as well as a solid conceptual understanding of available technologies and their applications to help you plan how to apply these technologies effectively in your training offerings.
- VR technology demystified: headsets, controllers, computer specs; seated vs. room scale; motion sickness; field of view, frame rate; haptics; visual fidelity and more.
- VR for soft skills training: the role of immersion and the illusion of presence; metrics for feedback and assessment; what kind of scenarios make sense for VR; interaction modes in VR; strengths and limitations of VR for soft skills training; future of VR and XR for learning at work.
- Hands on: try on a headset and controllers to experience it yourself. Each participant will receive hands on time with one or more of our available headsets and get a guided experience using one or more VR experiences.
- Plenty of time for Q&A and discussion as well as networking with peers who are also exploring this space.
Agenda (details subject to change):
9:00 - 9:30 AM Arrival, light breakfast
9:30 - 9:40 AM Overview of the day
9:40 -10:10 AM Introduction to VR Technologies
10:10 -10:40 AM Q&A about the Technologies
10:40 -10:50 AM (Break)
10:50 -11:10 AM VR for Soft Skills development
11:10 -11:40 AM Q&A/discussion on Soft Skills training with VR
11:40 -12:00 PM VR lab orientation demo
12:00 - 1:00 PM Lunch and informal discussion time
1:00 - 4:00 PM Observe and participate in 1:1 VR learning experiences
4:00 - 4:30 PM Regroup for shared discussion and wrap up
This is an all day training in Seattle, WA on June 28th. Registration includes a light breakfast and lunch. Lodging, transportation and parking not included. Special price good if purchased by June 5th. This event is subject to cancellation: Fee is fully refundable if cancelled at least 72 hours before event start. Fee is non-refundable if you cancel within 72 hours of event start time. Questions or special needs, including dietary, please email: VRclass@vrainium.com
Dean Slawson is an entrepreneur and former general manager at Microsoft, with a background in learning sciences, technology and media. He has been involved in people leadership and development and pioneering the application of advanced technologies for learning and productivity for over 30 years. Dean leads VRAINIUM, whose mission to help organizations build genuine, inclusive leaders and high performance teams using Virtual Reality with AI.
Brandon Franklin is designer and developer with over 3 years of experience working with VR, and previous work as a designer, developer and tester in the games industry. Brandon has taught VR courses and is currently focused on developing enterprise apps to build collaboration and soft skills for professional teams. As a technical designer at VRAINIUM he is responsible for designing and implementing VR user experiences and advises on game dynamics and technologies.
- ATD Special-$997 after Jun 5th$697$6970$0